- What is Mountain Dew mainly made of?
- What are the bad ingredients in Mountain Dew?
- Why is Mountain Dew banned in the US?
- Is Mountain Dew the worst soda?
- What are the ingredients in Mountain Dew Energy?
- What are the ingredients in Mountain Dew orange juice?
- Is there a chemical in Mountain Dew called BVO?
- Are there any new flavors of Mtn Dew?
What is Mountain Dew mainly made of?
There are several familiar ingredients on the Mountain Dew label: carbonated water, high-fructose corn syrup (the soda industry’s sweetener of choice), citric acid (a sour flavoring ingredient that gives the drink its lemon-lime flavor), and caffeine.
What are the bad ingredients in Mountain Dew?
A main ingredient of BVO, bromine, is a “poisonous, corrosive chemical” that has been linked to major organ damage, birth defects and other medical issues, the post says. Clark’s post quotes an online article — whose link in the Facebook post no longer works — that says there is “flame retardant” in Mountain Dew.
Why is Mountain Dew banned in the US?
1. Mountain Dew: Banned in over 100 countries. Are you addicted to Mountain Dew or other citrus-flavored sodas like Fanta or Fresca? You might want to wean yourself off because these drinks contain Brominated Vegetable Oil (BVO), an emulsifier that can cause reproductive and behavioral problems.
Is Mountain Dew the worst soda?
Why Mountain Dew Is Worse Than Other Types of Soda However, Mountain Dew is the worst type of soda that you can drink. In fact, soda can be just as damaging to the teeth as meth2. The sugar content is the main factor that makes Mountain Dew worse than other sodas. One serving of “The Dew” has 11 teaspoons of sugar.
What are the ingredients in Mountain Dew Energy?
Mountain Dew Energy (UK) 1 Carbonated water 2 Sugar 3 Citric acid 4 Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid) 5 Caffeine (18 mg per 100ml) 6 Flavourings 7 Preservative (Potassium Sorbate) 8 Stabilizer (Gum Arabic) 9 Colour (Beta Carotene)
What are the ingredients in Mountain Dew orange juice?
Mountain Dew Sugar (replaced by High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) in much of the United States) Concentrated orange juice Citric acid Natural flavors Sodium benzoate (preserves freshness) Caffeine (54 mg per 12 US fluid ounces (350 ml) Sodium citrate Erythorbic acid (preserves freshness) Gum arabic
Is there a chemical in Mountain Dew called BVO?
Origin. BVO is a toxic chemical that is banned in many countries because it competes with iodine for receptor sites in the body, which can lead to hypothyroidism, autoimmune disease, and cancer. The main ingredient, bromine, is a poisonous, corrosive chemical, linked to major organ system damage, birth defects, growth problems, schizophrenia,…
Are there any new flavors of Mtn Dew?
MTN DEW ® doesn’t have to be green. Our broad flavor collection has something for everyone. New! New! New! New!