- What does it mean to stow something?
- What does Stow mean in Old English?
- What is meant by stow position?
- How do you use stow in a sentence?
- Is it store or stow?
- Is stow a Scrabble word?
- Is Towe a Scrabble word?
- What does the word’stow’mean in a sentence?
- What’s the meaning of the term’stow’boating?
- What does it mean to be a stowaway?
- What’s the difference between SOOW, seoow, and Stow?
What does it mean to stow something?
1 : house, lodge. 2a : to put away for future use : store. b obsolete : to lock up for safekeeping : confine. 3a : to dispose in an orderly fashion : arrange, pack.
What does Stow mean in Old English?
OE stow, in its primitive sense, signified simply ‘a place, a geographical location’, like OE stede (‘stead’). The ultimate origin of both stow and stede is the Old West Germanic verb ‘[to] stand’ in the sense of ‘[to] occupy ground’.
What is meant by stow position?
Context: The stow position is the position where the telescope should be left when it is not observing, because the wind-loading on the telescope is lowest at this position. The telescope can be stowed under either software servo or hardware synchro control.
How do you use stow in a sentence?
Stow sentence example
- All right, I’ll throw a few things together and stow them in your car before I leave.
- This was first printed by Stow in his Survey.
Is it store or stow?
As verbs the difference between store and stow is that store is (transitive) to keep (something) while not in use, generally in a place meant for that purpose while stow is to put something away in a compact and tidy manner.
Is stow a Scrabble word?
Yes, stow is in the scrabble dictionary.
Is Towe a Scrabble word?
towe is an acceptable dictionary word for games like scrabble, words with friends, crossword, etc. Using the word ‘towe’ in Scrabble will fetch you -1 points while using it in Words with Friends will fetch you -1 points (without taking into consideration the effect of any multipliers).
What does the word’stow’mean in a sentence?
to fill (a place or receptacle) by packing: to stow a carton with books. to have or afford room for; hold. Slang. to stop; break off: Stow it! Stow the talk! to put away, as in a safe or convenient place (often followed by away ). to lodge or quarter.
What’s the meaning of the term’stow’boating?
Stow -boating is really sprat catching, and no one can exactly explain the meaning of the term. This being settled the lads proceeded to put things straight and stow away their portmanteaus. (usually imperative) British slang to cease from stow your noise!; stow it!
What does it mean to be a stowaway?
1. to hide oneself on a ship, aircraft etc before its departure, in order to travel on it without paying the fare. He stowed away on a cargo ship for New York. 2. to put or pack in a (secret) place until required. My jewellery is safely stowed away in the bank.
What’s the difference between SOOW, seoow, and Stow?
STOW & SJTOW These cords have similar resistant properties as the SOOW and the SEOOW, thought not to the same extent. The STOW and SJTOW also have a thermoplastic jacket, making them the least flexible of the SO portable cords. However, they work great for consumer applications, portable lights and power extensions.