Press "Enter" to skip to content

What do I need to cross back into the US from Mexico?

What do I need to cross back into the US from Mexico?

When entering the United States, U.S. citizens are required to show passport, U.S. passport card, Trusted Traveler Program card (NEXUS, SENTRI, Global Entry or FAST) or an Enhanced Driver’s License. Resident aliens must possess a green card.

Can I drive back to USA from Mexico?

The U.S. limits inbound land border crossing from Mexico to only “essential travel, and does not prevent U.S. citizens from returning to the U.S. The temporary border crossing restrictions are enforced by the US preventing foreign citizens with tourist visas to enter the US.

Do you need a passport to return to the US from Mexico?

To return to the U.S. from Mexico by land, sea or air, you must present a passport or PASS card (available to anyone) or Enhanced Driver’s License (residents of some U.S. states can get these) at the border.

What do you need to enter Mexico with a green card?

U.S. lawful permanent residents are required to present their permanent resident card (Green Card / Form I-551) or other valid evidence of permanent residence status. Mexican citizens residing in Mexico, including children, are required to present a passport with visa or a Border Crossing Card.

What do you need to enter the United States of America?

1 American citizens entering the U.S. must show a valid passport, U.S. 2 Lawful permanent residents of the U.S. need to show a Permanent Resident Card (Green card). 3 Citizens of Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda can find the necessary travel documents from the Department of Homeland Security under “land and sea entry.”

What to expect when you return to the US from Mexico?

Merchandise is declared to CBP. If you do not declare something that should have been declared, you risk forfeiting the item. If in doubt, declare it. You are returning from an overseas stay of at least 48 hours. This time limit does not apply if you are returning from Mexico or from the U.S. Virgin Islands.