- What are the 10 leading causes of morbidity in the Philippines?
- What is the biggest health problem in the Philippines?
- What is the top five mortality disease in the Philippines?
- What is the morbidity rate in the Philippines?
- What are the leading causes of death in the Philippines?
- What was the death rate in the Philippines in 2017?
- Which is the second most common disease in the Philippines?
What are the 10 leading causes of morbidity in the Philippines?
Leading Causes of Morbidity
- Acute Respiratory Infection ** 1,289,168. 1371.3.
- Acute Lower Respiratory Tract Infection and Pneumonia. 586,186. 623.5.
- Bronchitis/Bronchiolitis. 351,126. 373.5.
- Hypertension. 345,412. 367.4.
- Acute Watery Diarrhea. 326,551. 347.3.
- Influenza. 272,001.
- Urinary Tract Infection** 83,569.
- TB Respiratory. 72,516.
What is the biggest health problem in the Philippines?
The country has a high maternal and newborn mortality rate, and a high fertility rate. This creates problems for those who have especially limited access to this basic care or for those living in generally poor health conditions. Many Filipinos face diseases such as Tuberculosis, Dengue, Malaria and HIV/AIDS.
What is the top five mortality disease in the Philippines?
The leading causes of death are diseases of the heart, diseases of the vascular system, pneumonias, malignant neoplasms/cancers, all forms of tuberculosis, accidents, COPD and allied conditions, diabetes mellitus, nephritis/nephritic syndrome and other diseases of respiratory system.
What is the morbidity rate in the Philippines?
A paid subscription is required for full access. In 2018, the morbidity rate per 100,000 population of acute upper respiratory infection was approximately 1.1 thousand in the Philippines. By comparison, the morbidity rate of acute febrile illness per 100,000 people was 47.5.
What are the leading causes of death in the Philippines?
The PSA annually publishes the leading causes of death in the Philippines, with output based on Mortality Tabulation List 1 of the ICD-10 of suggested statistical outputs. The following analysis will be based on this leading cause of death tabulation. For details on other changes to coding and statistical output please contact the PSA-VSD.
What was the death rate in the Philippines in 2017?
Reported deaths in 2017 reached 579,237, a decrease of 0.5 percent than the previous year’s 582,183 deaths. This is equivalent to a crude death rate (CDR) of 5.5, or about six (6) persons per thousand population. In 2017, an average of 1,587 persons died daily.
Which is the second most common disease in the Philippines?
Second were neoplasms which are commonly known as “cancer” with 64,125 or 11.1 percent, followed by cerebrovascular diseases with 59,774 or 10.3 percent (Table 8).